Full Time Teller
The Teller provides excellent customer service to Association customers by conducting a variety of transactions and by referring Association products and or services designed to meet the customers banking needs. The Teller also refers customers to the appropriate departments within the bank for more complex services such as Lending or Investment products. Tellers are the customer’s primary source of contact and as such Tellers are required to maintain a professional, pleasant atmosphere while representing the Association.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic knowledge of keyboarding/computers
- Must have pleasant, personable and professional relationship skills for customer contact
- Strong communication skills
- Professional image
- Must work well with others / TEAM Player
- Prior cash handling experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Must be able to take direction from Supervisor
- Must be able to work rotating schedule to include Saturdays
- Must be able to attend after hour meetings as required
- Travel between office locations sometimes required
- Must be able to adapt
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of transactions according to Association policy and procedures as well as Federal and State regulations. Transactions include but are not limited to; deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, payment processing, issuing bank checks, and issuing money orders, processing credit card cash advances, redemption of US Savings Bonds, verifying signatures as compared to internal signature cards and customer’s identification, various other transactions as assigned.
- Ensures the supporting transaction documentation (calculator tapes, transaction documents) is complete and accurate. Completes a variety of transaction related forms and or reports according to Association policy and procedure.
- Will be trained in and must be knowledgeable of new accounts which will require knowledge of the various product types offered by the Association and knowledge of new account documentation.
- Closes accounts according to Association policy, Federal and State regulations.
- Verifying all incoming and outgoing cash and coin for assigned cash drawer. Maintains key to cash drawer in a secure manner, not to be shared with anyone. Keeps total cash drawer amount within established limits according to policy. Balances working cash drawer each working day. Will be trained in and must be knowledgeable of the Associations Counterfeit Currency Policy.
- Answers basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, accounts and services offered by the Association, such as Online Banking and Visa Check Card, account transaction history, services charges and other general banking questions.
- Resolves routine customer problems and refers more complex issues to the appropriate person / department.
- Responsible for security related functions, such as locking cash drawer and teller station when away from assigned work area, changing passwords according to Association policy and maintaining all passwords in a secure fashion, not to be shared with anyone. Will be trained in and must be knowledgeable of the Association Security Program.
- Refers Association products and services. Maintains up to date knowledge of all Association products and services and refers customer to Branch Manager for additional information.
- Successfully complete the Associations teller training program within.
- Participates in and completes annual training of various regulatory requirements as assigned.
Resumes may be submitted to:
35 Oswego Street
Baldwinsville, NY 13027Email: email@example.com
Licensed Sales Professional
Financial Quest, a division of Seneca Savings is looking for a strong, licensed sales professional who is interested in working in a community banking environment. As a motivated team player with a track record of sales success, you will manage and grow a book of business providing a needs-based approach to selling financial solutions to our clients.
Primary Responsibilities: Actively propose needs-based financial solutions to new and existing bank clients as well as developing your own book of business through ongoing account reviews and re-evaluation of client’s needs. Work with banking partners to provide complete financial planning solutions for all of our client’s needs. Coordinate promotions, communications and training of investment products with assigned branches.
Minimum Qualifications Required: 3 years of Financial Services sales experience, series 7 and 63 and New York State Life and Health Insurance Licensed. Must be willing To obtain series 65 within one year of beginning the position. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong presentation skills with the ability to phrase complex matters in easy-to-understand language.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred: Series 7, 63, 65 and New York State Life and Health Licensed. Excellent knowledge of bank products. Current experience in a similar role with a financial institution. Current experience in our geographic location.
Resumes may be submitted to:
Gregory P. Boshart, Program Manager
35 Oswego Street
Baldwinsville, NY 13027